Organising your users is simple. Separate your users by user groups, and create collections of user groups.
Note: User Groups and User Group Collections are only available on EdApp Pro plans.
Whether there’s a need to separate users by cohort, assign different courses, and create hierarchies through user groups and user group collections, user groups are a key functionality to structuring your users for your program.
What’s the difference between user groups and user group collections:
User groups are a collection of users and user group collections are a collection of user groups.
How to set up a User Group:
For how to set up a user group, please navigate to this article here.
How to set up a User Group Collection:
To set up a user group collection, you’ll follow the same initial steps to creating a user group (Users > User Groups > Create new user group), but once you’ve selected ‘Create a new user group’, you’ll select ‘User Group Collection’ at the top bar, to set it as a collection.
From there, you’ll note the settings on this page change. You’ll be able to add user groups to the parent collection, which means you’ll be able to build a hierarchy of groups underneath this, and add courseware to the user group collection.
Tip: Courseware can be assigned to user groups or user group collections, but you cannot assign users directly to a user group collection.
There are a few benefits to creating a user group collection:
- Avoid having to assign courses to every group
- Assign courses as the top tier, and avoid assigning courses to every single individual groups.
- If you assign courseware to a user group collection then all the child user groups within this user group collection will also have access to the courseware.
- Give multilayered user group access to a Manager by assigning managers to a whole collection of cohorts.
- If you are assigned as a manager to a user group collection, you will see an overview of data for multiple groups in order to track completions on a more holistic level
In order to learn how to create Managers and assign them to user groups or user group collections in the admin portal, please reference this guide.