We know every program and learner cohort is different, but here are a few best practices we've noticed really drive successful programs.
- Maintain microlearning and gamification principles
- Keep lessons short and to the point
- Ensure you have an activity slide every 2-3 knowledge transfer slides
- Get feedback from your learners via surveys on the content
- Release complete courses – releasing new lessons within a course is much more difficult to find as a learner, releasing a whole new course is much better
- Set achievable due dates on courses
- Reinforce knowledge over time with Rapid Refresh
Establish a timeline for ongoing content releases:
- This builds learner behaviour of ongoing usage -- new content every week, fortnight or month
- If you don't have enough of your own created content, then use Edapp's Course Library! New courses are consistently added weekly.
- Don’t overwhelm users upon initial login by drip-feeding new courses throughout the year matches microlearning best practice
"I thought that a waterfall deliver would be a better admin and learner experience, but I know have realised that launching to all my learners, simultaneously, drives traction. I'm seeing much better engagement across the board and saves me effort too!"
- Use a variety of images and gifs
- New banner in conjunction with launches/engagement features
- Set these up before launch!
- Ensure there are enough lessons available to keep earning more scores
- Consider rewarding the learners who win the leaderboard – maybe highlighting them on the next banner
- Incremental leaderboards can be very effective e.g. quarterly/ monthly. Gives everyone a chance to reach the top when they start a new leaderboard.
- Cater to your audience, find out what they like in order to keep them motivated
- Choose a range of different prizes to be available
- Have different values of prizing e.g. $5, $10, $20, $50
Have you got some to add? We would love to hear from you!
Please share with us at firstname.lastname@example.org