Our new PPT upload feature provides a great starting point for converting your content into microlessons. Learn more about best practices in this post.
One of the easiest ways to get started creating content in EdApp is through our new PowerPoint conversion tool. This feature makes it easy to upload an existing file into EdApp to build the starting points for your microlesson.
Step 1: Prepare your file
You can upload a PPT file a maximum of 50 MB. The upload will pull in everything in the document so be sure to remove any additional text or images you don't want converted.
- Remove anything you don't want in the microlesson (eg. page numbers).
- Compress your images beforehand. Make sure they are jpeg, jpg or png files.
- Remove bullet points unless you want them to display as bullet points.
- If you'd like additional functionality on your images, upload them separately after conversion.
- Links will not convert. You can add these after conversion.
- The order of text on a slide will be determined by the font size. The largest text will appear first.
Step 2: Upload
Navigate to Courseware and then Courses on the LMS. Press Upload PPT. Add in your Course name and Lesson name. This is what will appear in your account after the upload is complete.
You will also see the option to import similar courses from the content library. You can select an industry and category if you would like to go this route.
Step 3: Adjust as needed
Once the upload is complete, click 'Edit lesson content.' Go through slide by side to make any adjustments you would like. This could include:
- Adding custom branding
- Swapping out images or text
- Changing templates
- Updating the markdowns
- Adding links
Step 4: Publish and share!